mysterymeat3 Translations

mysterymeat3 Translations

Thursday, October 1, 2015

FAQ Part Two, Donate Button Replaced With Patreon, Upcoming Translation, and More


Hey everyone, it's been a while. Almost a month, actually. I'm working on a translation that'll be done pretty soon (no more than a couple days), but due to personal reasons I haven't been able to translate as much recently. Hopefully that will change soon, but I can't promise anything. Regardless, I have a few things to announce. There will also be an FAQ at the end of stuff I've gotten emails about recently. It's in bold, huge font so just skip to that if it's all you care about.

First thing, I've replaced the paypal donate button with a Patreon support link. I've gotten numerous requests for this, and I've talked to my long-time friend about it as well, and he agrees this is better than shitty Paypal. I know a lot of you are NEETs or the like and don't have enough to donate even if you want to. In fact, I've had people email me and say they wish they could donate, but they only have like $3, and who cares about that? It's not even worth paying the paypal fee to transfer the money. And as much as I appreciate donations, he has a point. So this way, literally anyone can donate. Even $1 would be pretty great, because according to google stats this blog gets at least 20,000 visits a month. I'm sure many of those are repeat hits, but if I could get just 100 of those to donate $1, it would be awesome. However, I want to strongly remind you guys, donations are greatly appreciated, but by no means required. Do not donate unless you really want to. I didn't start doing this to beg for money. It's just really nice when it happens. I'm currently in college and my only real "job" is helping out a fledgling adult games site with translations, but they don't make enough money yet to really pay me, so I'm broke as fuck. Jim Sterling's over here making a lot of money just bitching about games, so fuck it. Might as well try for like 0.5% of what he gets from Patreon.

And speaking of games, that brings me to my next point. I may, I repeat, may break into translating games (including but not limited to visual novels) some time soon. I'm keeping this part short, as it's not specifically trap or blog related, but I thought you guys might want to know. I'm sure much of my audience here overlaps with the people that would download the game patches as well. It won't be specifically trap, and some of these games might not even be lewd, but let's just say that if you're tired of SJW and shitty agenda-ridden translations, you'll be happy about this. I'll be working on a team this time, though it's really just me and a friend I've known for years, but please don't email me asking if I need help. The only reason I'm teaming up with this guy is because he has much better programming skills than me, and I've been friends with him for over 10 years now. I still don't plan on including anyone else. Sorry.

Now it's time for FAQ Part 2: The Electric Jewgaloo.

Q: Will you translate x genre or y sub-genre?

The answer to the first question, assuming it's not trap, is no. No shemale or futa, either. Only trap. As I said before, this might not be forever, but I'll be announcing if I decide to start doing anything else. Until then, if there are no traps in it, it's definitely not getting done. The answer to the second part of the question is a bit more complicated. The stuff I said in my first FAQ, which is pinned in the right-hand bar, still stands. However, in addition to that, I've decided to make clear some more stuff I won't be doing. Note that I never planned on doing this stuff in the first place, I just didn't think of it when I wrote the original FAQ. First, female on trap. Nothing wrong with it, but I think it belongs more in femdom, which isn't my category. Gonna have to leave that to someone else. Besides, female on trap seems a lot less into gay territory to people, so I'm sure someone else will translate anything good that gets uploaded in that category. Second is futa on trap. These aren't as common as male or female on trap, and Short Warf seems to do most of them already, so I don't feel the need to.

Q: Will you translate more from x artist/circle?

This seems like a silly question to me, especially when I've already done the artist in the past, but yes. I don't plan on just not translating things by that artist ever again for no reason and without letting you guys know about it at all. Especially Chinzuriina. I get a lot of emails about that artist. I don't mean to single anyone out or make them feel dumb, but do you really think, after translating numerous chapters from him, then an entire tank, that I would just stop doing any translations of his stuff? Yes, I'll be doing more of him. Don't worry about it.

Q: Do you have preferred artists/circles to translate?

Now this is a much more reasonable question. Yeah, I do. I don't feel like making an ordered list of them all right here, but there certainly are artists I like more than others. Qunami, Aogiri Penta, and NemuNemu to name a few of them. That being said, I'll never interrupt one work to start another. So if something good is released and I've already started working on a different translation, the other stuff will have to wait until what I'm working on at the time is finished.

Q: If I buy this book and scan it, will you translate it?

This is a difficult question. On the one hand, if it's really good, of course I'll translate it. But now we're getting into paying for stuff for me to translate, which is a real pain in the ass. I'll say this: email me before you buy it if you want me to translate it. I'll let you know what my feelings are on it (definitely getting done immediately, probably do it soon, might do it, won't do it for a while, not interested at all, etc) then, and if you still want to pay for it, go ahead.

Q: Do you actually read all those translation requests people comment/email you?

You bet your ass I do. I don't read through the entire book they ask, but I do read each and every post, go through and check what they linked, and see if it piques my interest or not. I might not respond, but I do read them, no matter how busy I am. Trust me.

Q: FUCK YOU DEGENERATE! FUCKING CLOSET FAGSCUM!

Never change, /pol/. Never change.



And that's all for me this time around. Look forward to the translation coming up. For those of you wondering what it is, I'm not going to ruin the surprise, but the speech bubble at the top is from what I have done of it so far. You can probably figure it out from just that, actually. Until next time.















21 comments:

  1. You may want to rethink using patreon for something like this. I believe desudesu (another translator) tried this a while back and it lasted about a day.

    A small excerpt from their legal page:
    "Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent

    Patreon.com respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on or in connection with the Service infringe upon your copyright or other intellectual property right, please send the following information to "

    There is a lot of hate for the patreon model, and a lot of hate for people who like traps. Someone is bound to report you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, paypal has the same thing. If it gets reported, I'll just take it down. I heard the same thing about the donation button getting people's entire account suspended, and that's much worse. But I said fuck it and ended up leaving the button up for months and nothing happened, so hopefully the same thing happens here. I'm really not expecting it to get big enough that Patreon will care.

      Delete
    2. Somehow i never noticed the donate button. Now a Patreon supporter :) Looking forward to the next release!

      Delete
    3. I certainly appreciate it, goy. :)

      Delete
  2. cute traps are /pol/ approved, dont be so naive

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah half of /pol is jerking it to little boys in dresses
    if theyre on here, they jerking off to your scans

    we need more nagi ichi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably have too many things on your list already, but since you mentioned you might be translating games as well, AND the fact that you are Mystery Meat; why not consider starting with a Trap game? I would suggest [MAJENTA ROSE] 俺のセフレは男の娘 which you can download here:

    http://doujinfile.org/?p=9828

    ReplyDelete
  5. Majenta rose is a seriously filthy shota game where some naive trap gets her butt creamed. big recommend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read and fapped to the Mejenta Rose game many times. The title, by the way, is "My Sex Friend's a Trap." The only thing about it that sucks is that there's no sound, unless there's an updated version somewhere I don't know about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a look at what some hentai artists are getting on patreon. One is pushing 12k/month. You ever tried your hand at art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried many times, but i'm terrible at art. It doesn't matter how much I practice, I just can't draw well. My art teacher senior year of high school told me to just give up. No joke.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. And on the 11th day he said "let the moonspeak be conveyed" and his disciplines could finally read the wealth of quality artwork.

      Delete
  8. MM ya dirty bastard 100/month you're rolling in it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have no idea who the guy that donated $100 is, but 's fucking great. At first I thought it was a troll account, but he's actually supporting a lot of other people too (for more than a month, so they got paid), so if I actually get all this money at the end of the month, I'll have to do something special for you guys.

      Delete
    2. I gotta deposit some more $$; my funds arent kept in the bank. Now we need a patreon for nagi ichi so he can keep churning out quality dank stuff. What even is po-ju doing

      I dont know if someone donated $100/mo. It went from 50 -> 100 -> 165 when I checked

      Translate that nagi ichi mesu kagura R and I'll triple my contribution

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it was one guy. I checked the contributions, and he even sent me a message. Either way, Nagi-Ichi is actually next after the one I'm working on right now, so fear not.

      Delete
  9. Is there any more trap hentai besides boku no pico? Because with the wealth of quality ero-manga out there, very little of them seem to be animated and they need to be. If there is, please tell me where.

    Thanks and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. I kind of want to, but I'd have to redownload a lot of my older material first, because I no longer have it.

      I'll probably do it eventually though. It's been bugging me for a while.

      Delete